I thought I'd already written this, but I'm getting forgetful in my advancing years.
November began with Election Day, when the country voted for socialism. Then Glenn and I took turns for two Saturdays attending the Cub Scout Pow Wow, where we took some training classes dealing with Cub Scouts. Glenn also had a lot of homework for his online class with Penn State. The kids had parent-teacher conferences. Deven's grades are suffering from him not turning in work or completing work. Jaelyn is doing pretty well.
Thanksgiving was pretty simple. We had Glenn's two brothers, Dave and Mike, over for dinner. I broke down and bought a real turkey for once. The following Sunday Glenn and I were asked to give talks in church. We escaped exit talks from the last ward, and actually hadn't talked since 2000, so I guess we were due.
Caelan began attending Nursery but only if I stayed with him. He was happy to collect a bunch of toys near him, but toddlers will take anything not nailed down, and he didn't like that. Sara is in there with him until January, but that doesn't help him.
Caelan finally began talking. He says "mama" and "mine." (He calls Glenn "mama," too.) And he sort of says "head." He really is adorable, although he is getting into everything now. He thinks he is so funny.
Welcome
I have started a blog because everybody else is doing it. (I'm going to jump off a bridge like everybody else after this.) I figure this is a great way for me to tell you things without actually talking to you. Feel free to leave comments so I don't always feel like I'm talking to myself.
Hammer Family — April 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Five Squawkos
Deven, Sara, Jaelyn, Corin, Caelan —2023
No comments:
Post a Comment